All you need is five minutes of quiet time to answer these yes/no questions and gain further insight regarding your spiritual well-being and how it relates to your career.
Keep track of all your “yes” answers:
- Do you ever have the feeling that work is unfulfilling no matter how much effort you put into it?
- Do you question whether your work is making a difference?
- Do you ever feel that your work is inconsistent with your values in life?
- Does the need to conform to a code of behavior in the workplace muffle your self-expression?
- Do you wonder what your legacy will be?
- Do you sense emptiness within that isn’t satisfied by conventional success?
- Do you find that what you thought would make you happy in life isn’t doing so?
- Do you feel whatever you do is never enough?
- Do you wonder whether your current experience is all there is in life?
- Do you sense that there is more to life and long to experience it?
- Do you ever have doubts about who you are at the deepest level?
If you answer at least three of these questions with a “yes,” I urge you to read this book and go to the page What “Yes” Responses Indicate About You. This will help you initiate your process of self-discovery and life-transforming career change.
If you answer even one question with a “yes,” I recommend that you read the book and return to the self-assessment after doing so. Reading may change some of your answers.